Snake sightings are common in Florida. In fact, most homeowners have encountered snakes on their property at least once. Snakes aren’t naturally aggressive or interested in hurting you or your family. However, wild animals can be unpredictable and when they feel threatened or scared they can choose to strike. Calling a professional snake removal service is always the best and most effective option, but how do you take actions to alleviate the snake problems you may be currently having?
Here are 6 simple tips for dealing with snakes:
- Distance Is Key. – Chances are, if you see a snake on your property, they’re just passing by. Usually, the snake is more afraid of you than you are of him. Most often, they won’t attack unless they feel threatened or encroached upon. Keep your distance and let the snake pass by.
- Change Your Landscaping. – Snakes love having somewhere that allows them to hide in a secure place. Remove rocks and plywood from your house as well as any heavy debris or vegetation. These are prime locations for snakes to hide.
- Do You Have Pest Issues? – Snakes spend a lot of time hunting for food. Chances are, if you’re finding snakes on your property, there’s an easy source of food nearby. The most common are snakes and mice. If you get rid of any other pest infestations you have on your property will make it less appealing to snakes.
- Sprinkle Salt. – Sprinkle salt in areas where a snake might pass through. If you’re noticing snakes in your pool or coming through your doorways, place the salt there. The salt has an effect of making the snake go limp.
- Buy Snake Repellent. – Snake repellant can be found in pet stores or home improvement stores. Often, snake repellant causes snakes to get weak, dizzy and sometimes even die.
- Call A Professional To Remove The Snake. – If you have a fear of snakes, or a persistent snake problem, the best option is to call a professional to catch and remove the snake. This will also prevent you from being bit or injured in any way. Removing a snake from a house, pool or property is something most homeowners hope they never have to do. However, sometimes this is an unavoidable task. If you’ve found a snake and are unsure, call an expert to remove the snake for you.
There are many DIY remedies to be found in controlling snake infestations. However, the best way is always calling a professional with the expertise and proper tools to remove any snakes from your property. At ASAP Wildlife Removal we’re a one-stop solution to any snake or animal infestation you might have. We’ll safely and humanely remove any venomous, non-venomous or any other unwanted nuisance animals you might have.
If you have a snake problem in your home or business, there’s no time to wait. Give the trained professionals at ASAP Wildlife Removal a call.
Schedule Your Free Inspection 407.502.3848
Leave a Reply